The Keno Let’s Play Ambrose event is designed to be a fun event played at your Club. It is open to men, women and mixed pairs.
Clubs are encouraged to incorporate food and drink into the day’s activities and to share their day on social media. Likewise, some facilities may choose to add elements of fancy dress or donate to their favourite charity.
All players who play at club level must be entered in the event.
Pairs must meet the following restrictions:
NOTE: If a pair’s daily handicaps are more than 20 strokes different, the higher marker will be limited to a daily handicap 20 strokes above the lower marker’s daily handicap.
All pairs’ playing in the qualifying event must pay a $5 entry fee on registration at their Club qualifying event. It will not be optional entry for players in the club qualifying event.
3. The event is held in 3 categories:
4. During the Competition the Local Rules of the host venue clubs shall apply.
5. The competition will be conducted in three (3) stages;
6. Motorised Transport may be used as follows:
Stage 1: Club – according to the Club’s Conditions in force on the day.
Stage 2: Regional Finals – carts may be used and are subject to availability at the host venue.
Stage 3: State Final – carts will be used by all competitors.
7. Any player who was part of the team who won the previous years’ State Final is not eligible to compete at any stage of the competition for a three (3) year period. Any player who played in the previous years’ State Final (not in the winning team) is not eligible to compete at any stage of the competition for the following year only.
8. After the commencement of the competition no substitutes will be permitted. However, reserve pairs, in order of qualifying, must be nominated on the official results.
9. The Golf NSW Golf Committee has the authority to re-handicap any player during any stage of the event or to allocate a special competition handicap for any stage of the competition.
10. In the event of a tie between teams, in the Club or District qualifying rounds, the Golf Australia count back system shall apply. In the State Final, a Fourball sudden-death play-off will be used to determine the winner, subject to sufficient time being available (at the discretion of the Event Committee).
11. The Golf NSW Golf Committee shall have the right to alter or make any variations to the Conditions or Program should it deem necessary and have the right to refuse the entry of any person without being required to give a reason for such refusal.
STAGE 1 – CLUB QUALIFYING
Club Qualifying Rounds
Club Qualifying Results
Clubs must advise Golf NSW of their qualifying pair(s) and reserves immediately after the event and prior to Tuesday 1 September.
Clubs will also need to indicate which Regional Final their qualifying pair(s) intend to compete at.
Payment of entry fees must also be made at this time. This must be done via our website at www.golfnsw.org.au.
Golf NSW will email qualifiers from Stage 1 with details of Regional Final details.
There will be no entry fee to play in a Regional Final.
Regional Finals will be managed by Golf NSW, and will be held in country regions in northern, north-western, western, south-western and southern NSW as well as metropolitan Sydney. Dates and venues will be published on the Golf NSW website www.golfnsw.org.au.
The Regional Final draws will be released to participants two weeks prior to each Final.
The winning pair from each category (male, female and mixed) at each of the Regional Finals will qualify for the State Final. If a pair becomes unavailable for the State Final, they may be replaced by the next placed pairing in that category.
Where a qualifying pair withdraws from a Regional Final, the withdrawing pair must notify Golf NSW. Golf NSW will be responsible for contacting the next placed pair to participate in the Regional Final.