The Jean Derrin Trophy is open to female golfers who are members of an affiliated Golf NSW club and have a GA Handicap of 14.4 and under.
The winner of the Jean Derrin Trophy will be the player who has the lowest scoring average for the 12 months and has played a minimum of 10 rounds in nominated events.
The best 80% of a player’s adjusted gross scores will count towards a player’s scoring average. The worst 20% will be discounted.
CONDITIONS FOR THE ABOVE EVENTS:
- A player’s average will be calculated based on events played only on NSW Golf Courses, except for the Australian 72-Hole Stroke Play Championship, all National Ranking Events and the Australian Senior Championship qualifying rounds.
- Players must have played in a minimum of 10 competition rounds for their average to be considered for the awards at the year end.
- The Jean Derrin Trophy competition will run from 1 January until 31 December 2018.
- Scores will be compared against the Club DSR on the day of play, and converted to a par of 72 for the purposes of the average. (eg a score of 75 recorded at course with a DSR 74 will have an adjusted grossscore of 73 recorded for their scoring average).
- Every entrant in a Jean Derrin event will be required to submit their contact details (email address &mobile phone number) to the Club hosting the event. The Club will then be required to submit these details to Golf NSW and the players will be included on the database for receipt of the Golf NSW eNewsetter.
PARTICIPATING CLUBS – JEAN DERRIN NOMINATED EVENTS
Golf NSW will include events in the Jean Derrin listing, based upon the player quality at the same event in the previous year event, along with the club’s attention/promptness to the return of results via GolfLink and player data via Golf NSW supplied spreadsheet.
Clubs hosting these nominated events should return the details (email address & mobile phone number) of all players participating in these events for all players on a GA handicap of 14.4 or less, at the time of the event. Averages will be calculated utilising the scores returned by the Club via GolfLink.
ALL CLUBS (whether included in the Jean Derrin scoring averages or not) are asked to provide Golf NSW with an electronic copy of the entry form for their main Club Open Day two months prior to their event.
This will promote both the event and the Club, and each player on our database will be directly emailed an entry form. The event will also feature on the Golf NSW website. This service is provided to all Clubs for their one major open event each year, whether a listed Jean Derrin event or not.
Data Collection by Golf NSW
Golf NSW collects and keeps electronic data on all competitors in Golf NSW sanctioned events. It is essential that the following Condition be added to the entry form:
Database of Entrant’s Details
The personal data contained in an entry is permanently retained by Golf NSW. This data may be utilised by Golf NSW or its sponsors for the distribution of correspondence, in both electronic and hard copy means. From time to time players may be sent Entry Forms, event literature, the Golf NSW e-newsletter, or marketing material by the sponsor(s) of Golf NSW events, or information about events conducted by Golf NSW-approved bodies. Upon receipt by Golf NSW of a written request, a player may either have access to their details, or have their details deleted from the database.