GolfNSW and Jack Newton Junior Golf (JNJG) are looking to employ an enthusiastic and passionate person to the role of Regional Manager – ACT.
The Regional Manager – ACT provides support and services to all golf facilities, and drives increased golf participation within clubs across all ACT schools, minigolf, golf practice centres, & virtual golf while providing support at targeted local events and activations.
The role requires autonomous, self-motived individuals with exceptional people skills who understand the sport of golf and are keen to develop all levels of golf. Experience in database management and monthly reporting is essential.
The position currently requires 30 hours a week commitment with the scope to increase hours in due course.
Selection Criteria – Essential
- Knowledge of the game of golf
- Sound database management, Microsoft office skills, reporting skills
- Ability to learn internal and national programs
- Residence within the region of operation
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize workloads
- Experience engaging with external stakeholders to drive participation
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Ability to work across various days, including weekdays and weekends where required
- Occasional requirement to develop events and/or support GolfNSW/JNJG event staff at golf events across ACT
- Current & Cleared Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) (ACT)
- Current & Cleared Working with Children Check (WWC) (NSW)
- Must have experience working with children
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviour when engaging with children
- Current Driver’s License
- Proof of COVID19 Vaccination (for accessing schools)
Selection Criteria – Desirable
- Knowledge of the structure of golf in ACT, NSW, Australia
- Qualified PGA Member
- Qualifications in Sports Administration, Event Management or similar
- The ability to be flexible with the role as weekend/public-holiday work may be required from time to time
GolfNSW and JNJG are committed to protecting children from harm. We require all applicants working with children to undergo an extensive screening process before the appointment.
A competitive salary package will be offered, commensurate with qualifications, experience, and skillset.
Please forward applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, by close of business on Friday September 9, 2022.