An opportunity exists for an exceptional Golf Events Co-ordinator to join the team here at Golf NSW.
Working as part of the Golf Department, you will be a member of a team organizing Golf NSW tournaments & events from start to finish. You will be responsible for venue liaison, coordinating entries, marketing, updating website and social media forums, and utilizing tournament software to manage the event.
The role requires someone who is self-motivated, well organized, and has a positive can-do attitude. You must be able to manage multiple events at all times.
Using Tournament Management Software, a digital database and website CMS are part of this role. You must be competent with all elements of Microsoft Office and be able to quickly learn the internal software programs.
Knowledge of the structure of Golf NSW Events and Championships would be advantageous.
The Golf NSW offices are in Arncliffe. Standard office hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm, however, some out of hours and weekend work is required.
Selection criteria – Essential
- Knowledge of the game of golf
- Previous event management experience
- Experience in managing and updating website content
- Sound Microsoft Office skills, and ability to learn internal programs
- Experience working with and managing volunteers
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise workloads
- Outgoing and well spoken
- Current driver’s license
Selection criteria – Desirable
- Knowledge of the structure of Golf NSW events
- Knowledge of the rules of golf
- Qualifications in Sports Administration, Office Administration, Event Management or similar
Please forward your CV with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Olivia Wilson (Events Manager) at [email protected] Applications close Friday 26 November.
About Golf NSW
Golf NSW is responsible for promoting, encouraging and advancing the game of golf at all levels throughout NSW. This is done partly through organizing Championships and events, encouraging and developing Rules Officials, coaching and developing elite and non-elite golfers.