Golf NSW is thrilled to announce the originally scheduled TL Warren and W Gibson Trophies, along with the coveted Eric Apperly Shield inter-club competitions will begin in July.
The commencement dates for the events are:
Faced with no other option due to COVID-19 back in March, Golf NSW made the difficult decision to postpone several important events on the tournament calendar until the State’s public health restrictions eased.
Running tournaments is still dependant upon NSW Government health and social gathering restrictions in place at the time. These restrictions however, will be monitored during the competitions.
Golf NSW also urges clubs to follow all health and safety measures to ensure the safety of players, staff and host venues.
These measures include:
- Reduction of contact between players and staff (scoring, starting tees, no physical contact, e.g. handshaking)
- Sanitisation practices.
- Minimisation of gatherings, spectators and supporters etc. to sizes allowable under any current Public Health order.
- Players, caddies, club officials and spectators must observe any current social distancing guidelines.
- Follow all government guidelines and public health recommendations in place.
- Clubs may choose to utilise the temporary local rules available. A copy of the adjusted local rules can be found HERE