Golf NSW is thrilled to announce the rescheduling of the 2020 Srixon NSW Mid Amateur and Senior Amateur Championships for later this year.
The new dates for the Championships are:
Faced with no other option due to COVID-19 back in March, Golf NSW made the difficult decision to postpone the popular events until the State’s public health restrictions eased.
Running the Championships will rely upon Government health and social gathering restrictions in place at the time. These restrictions, however, will be monitored during the lead up to each event.
Golf NSW will also be implementing a number of new health and safety measures during the tournaments to ensure the safety of players, staff and host venues.
These measures will include:
- Reduction of contact between players and staff (scoring, starting tees, no physical contact, e.g. handshaking)
- Sanitisation practices – stations will be in place around the course and clubhouse.
- Minimisation of gatherings to sizes allowable under any current Public Health order
- Observing any current social distancing guidelines.
- Following all government guidelines and public health recommendations in place.
Golf NSW is developing a detailed General Tournament & Event Health Policy which will be in place before the commencement of these championships.