Keno Let’s Play Ambrose
2019 Final Scores
2020 Regional Finals
Dates & Venues TBC
State Final Venue
Amateur Golf Links
Stage 1: Golf Club’s Qualifying Round
A Golf Club’s qualifying round must be conducted as a two-person ambrose event. The leading male, female and mixed pair at each Club qualifying will advance to Stage 2. If a leading pair is unavailable for Stage 2, the next placed pair may replace them.
Club qualifying dates should be scheduled prior to 31 August to ensure qualifiers have sufficient time to attend their chosen Regional Final.
Each Club is entitled to have a pair in the men’s, women’s and mixed categories progress to Stage 2.
If a club has more than 20 pairs in any of the men’s, women’s and mixed competitions pay to play, they are entitled to have two (2) pairs progress to Stage 2, in that competition
Stage 2: Regional Finals
There will be eleven (11) Regional Finals that will be managed by Golf NSW, and will be held in country regions in northern, north-western, western, south-western and southern NSW as well as metropolitan Sydney.
The leading male, female and mixed pair from each Regional Final will advance to the State Final, Stage 3.
Stage 3: State Final at Bonville Golf Resort
The State Final will be conducted over two (2) rounds of 18-holes. Scoring for each round will be based on ranking for that round such that the nett winner of the round will receive 1 point, nett second-place will receive 2 points, nett third-place will receive 3 points and so on. The winner of the State Final will be the pairing with the lowest points across the two rounds.
Covered by Golf NSW is the cost of two (2) rounds of golf, accommodation for 3 nights, welcome BBQ, the presentation dinner and breakfast on all three (3) mornings. One room at Bonville Golf Resort will be provided to the qualifying pair for the 3 nights. If additional accommodation is required for partners or additional guests, packages may be available at alternate venues.Tournament Conditions & Handicap Restrictions:
1. The Pair must have a minimum combined daily handicap of 8 (eg. if one player’s daily hanidcap is 4 and the second players daily handicap is 2 – they cannot play together because combined that is only 6)
2. Each player in the pair must have no more than 20 strokes difference in their daily handicap. (eg. If the lowest marker’s daily handicap is 5, their partner must play off no more than a daily handicap of 25).
NOTE: If a pairs daily handicaps are more than 20 strokes different, the higher marker will be limited to a daily handicap 20 strokes above the lower marker’s daily handicap.
3. The pair’s PLAYING handicap on the day will be ¼ of their combined daily handicap.
4. Each player must use at least 6 tee shots during a round.
5. Tee shots used MUST be indicated on the scorecard.
Entry Fee: $5.00 per pair