Golf NSW High Performance
The Golf NSW High Performance Program (HPP) identifies talented male and female amateur golfers from across state with the aim to develop them into “Tour Ready” Professionals who have the potential to compete on major international tours, being ranked in top 100 in the World and ultimately winning major championships and Olympic Gold Medals.
To support selected players by providing a “value-added” development program through the provision of resources, opportunities and structures that assists each athlete achieve their personal goals and as well as the vision of the Golf NSW HPP.
Golf NSW believes in the importance of education in a player’s development. It is a requirement of the program that all HP program participants have completed, or be in the process of completing secondary school (HSC).
- Develop the players as individuals
- Support squad members home coach
- Develop “students of the game”
- Physically prepare each athlete to limit injury risk and optimise individual performance
- Develop tour level competency across all skill areas
- Strong focus on the “scoring elements” of the game
- Develop mentally tough and resilient competitors
- Develop players with strong competitive instincts that play by the rules and in the spirit of the game
- Provide opportunities to various competition experiences that are appropriate to each athlete’s development and playing level
- Ensure each athletes well-being is being maintained
- Educate players on the off-course elements and business of being a professional athlete
- Develop players capable of winning at the international amateur level and beyond
- Develop players capable of achieving a WAGR ranking inside the top 50
- Support Golf Australia Rookie Squad Members
12 Months – March to February
Up to a maximum of 15 across Pathway Levels 2-4
There are standards, attitudes and behaviours expected of Golf NSW HPP squad members. Squad members failing to comply with these may see a reduction in support, suspension or removal from the program.
Golf NSW High Performance Program Selection
The criteria outlined below is used as a guide to select candidates for inclusion in the HPP. Although these are a general in nature, they are set out by Golf NSW in consultation with Golf Australia. The final decision on selection of successful candidates rests with the Golf NSW High Performance Committee and in consultation with The Golf NSW High Performance Manager and program support personel.
The following criteria will be utilised for program selection:
- Australian citizen
- Results (state, national, international)
- Dedication to the process of reaching their full potential on and off the golf course
- Potential to reach Golf NSW’s long-term High-Performance Program vision
Golf NSW (Australia) High Performance Pathway Levels
Level 1 – Golf Australia Rookie
Golf Australia Rookie’s comprises of male and female professionals selected by Golf Australia. A rookie squad member includes any player in the final six months of their amateur career until the end of their fifth year of professional golf.
Level 2 – State High Performance
A male or female state amateur who has demonstrated an ability to compete successfully at national and international level tournaments and is showing the potential, desire and commitment on and off the golf course to be a future Top 100 ranked professional athlete.
Level 3 – State Development
A male or female state amateur who is showing the potential, desire and commitment on and off the golf course and can reach level 2.
Level 4 – State Id
A male or female state identified player who is showing the potential, desire and commitment on and off the golf course to reach the higher levels of the pathway.
Jack Newton Junior Golf
Jack Newton Junior Golf conducts an extensive competition and player development program for players aged under 18.
For more information on JNJG please go to www.jnjg.com.au
High Performance Manager
Golf NSW HP Support Network
Strength and Conditioning, Physiotherapy, Nutrition
Strength & Conditioning